The VOIP Engineer works with the Network Engineering group to architect, design, implement and manage network & telephony infrastructure solutions. This position is responsible for technical infrastructure including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, content switches and PBX technologies (VoIP). This position requires hands-on, practical experience. The Engineer will possess a broad level of experience with technical administration and design, and must have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies. Must be able to manage very dynamic environments and have the ability to adapt quickly to technology changes at a moment’s notice to provide quick detailed solutions with little or no supervision.
- Maintain and support all adds, moves, and changes to the environments.
- Accountable for providing sound problem determination and resolution, document methodologies, thorough knowledge of voice/data network management, execute hardware and software installations, and performance tuning and recovery.
- Act as an escalation point for Network Analyst.
- Design and manage complex technical projects.
- Recommend technical solutions based on detailed vendor product analysis.
- Provide clear, consistent, and accurate documentation. Direct compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Analyze network traffic and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Utilize software and hardware tools and identify/diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Configure and deploy Cisco routers and switches.
- Responsible for administration of enterprise-class business networks that our client requires to run its day-to-day operations
- Administer, Support, and Solution networks to include installation, configuration, upgrades, maintenance, enhancements, tuning for optional performance, security procedures, issue troubleshooting, and occasional scripting.
- Maintain network solutions through research, documentation, and maintenance throughout the network production lifecycle.
- Provide capacity planning, monitoring, and maintenance of designated systems.
- Identify trends or problems as defined by ITIL through an in-depth understanding of business processes supported by the network.
- Maintain production environments relating to online services, including development, stage and production systems.
- Ensure continuity of the business processes supported by one or many networks through maintenance that supports the delivery of services on multiple platforms with sustained, resilience, performance, and quality.
- Ensure continuity and quality of networks by owning the resolution of issues across platforms and tracking progress and escalating as appropriate.
- Ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across networks for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprise industry standard components.
- Identify faults and recommend appropriate resolutions.
- Ensure appropriate contingency procedures are in place for networks and that they are regularly tested.
- Contribute to process development, best practices and identifying new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and support.
- Ensure that operating procedures, configurations, and related services documentation is kept current.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College degree in computer science with course work in database management, information systems, business, and 5 years of experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum of 5 years of expert technical and design experience. Additional experience may substitute for a degree.
- 5+ years of hands-on technical experience in an enterprise server environment.
- VMware ESX experience with 5.1 and 5.5
- Must be flexible to work “on-call” as needed and occasionally work on projects outside normal working hours.
- Proven ability to provide clear and consistent documentation with great attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with non-technical remote users.
- Ability to configure and troubleshoot Cisco VOICE routers as well as MPLS, ISDN PRI and BRI circuits.
- Previous work experience following change management procedures.
- Exceptional written & communication skills.
- Installation and configuration of LAN, WAN and wireless networks with active components such as routers, switches, firewalls and access points.
- Strong protocol analyzer and related network diagnostic tools.
- Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Understanding of load balancing strategies and techniques, expertise in application/network switching/traffic management, knowledge of persistence and SSL certificates.
- Good understanding of security issues surrounding all facets of networking.
- Experience monitoring service thresholds and managing third party vendors.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Ability to determine the interrelationships between solutions and requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
About the Company:
- Great medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits
- Generous vacation
- Aggressively growing company
Strong candidates will have a background check, drug screening and technical interview.